by Luke Grant
-First up was the planing of the story, I took about an hour and a half to write out the story in a dialogue form which was told from the perspective of an narrator.
-Secondly after getting the idea down I sketched out the scenes in acrylic blue pencil on comic paper.
being careful and checking, so I did not to stray from the story I moved on to the next step.
-Third I became to ink my sketches with pigment liner. After I started to cleaning away the acrylic with a eraser as best I could.
- fourth was the scanning process, which gave me some degree of trouble due to the papers size. So to get them scanned I arid multiple scans of each corner of the comic paper till I could get all the single images at least once.
- fifth came the liberation of each scene (panel) from the comic paper, using Photoshop.
- sixth came the clean up of the individual scenes (panels) and placement of each on a black back drop. This took a few days (averaging other projects and home work).
-Seventh was the coloring in Photoshop which to days just to get everything to a point of which I thought was good enough.( Ima perfectionist so this took two weeks).
- Eighth next was the of the images into windows movie maker, which I had to rearrange and place them in order in which the story is told.
- Ninth came the input of the typed and edited text before each panel.
- Tenth the spacing and timing part of each image and text. (All this while taking into consideration the viewers reading speed, this took many periods of alteration).
- lastly was the creation of the instrumental, which took me a few days to find a music mixing program I was comfortable with and that could work on my vista. After searching for a few days when I had time I found mixcaft; and within an hour and a half I created the instrumental “OurMinds ” which was named because of the lesson of “of who’s the real bully”. Then what was left was the input of the instrumental to the windows movie maker project. Once I did that I decided to add a sound effect of a revolver to really drive the point home. (Emotion wise). After some last timing and spacing edits the project was complete, and all I had to do was export as a playable video file which was just a few simple clicks.